Friday, September 16, 2011

Showbiz News: Lauren Young, Proud of her Movie Zombadings!


Currently enjoying downtime after her afternoon series Mula Sa Puso ended last August, Lauren Young is happy with all the positive feedback she has been getting from the commercial run of her indie movie Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington. 
“For an indie, maganda yung response na nakukuha namin. Siyempre pinaghirapan namin ito kaya it feels good na sinusuportahan siya they way that they support yung mga mainstream na movies because indie movies sometimes hindi siya nabibigyan ng justice. Yung mga indie film naman talaga, doon may mga magagandang stories din eh. And this movie has a solid storyline. I’m not criticizing mainstream movies naman kasi they’re really good movies, maganda rin yung mga kuwento nila but siyempre at the same time it’s nice to see something different once in a while,” she says during the opening of Chic Nails salon along Katipunan, Quezon City.

In Zombadings, Lauren plays the role of Hannah, the object of affection of the lead character Remington, played by Mart Escudero. Lauren admitted that she thinks part of the movies appeal lies in the unique story. “When do you get to see a movie about gay people and zombies at the same time? You don’t really see that so parang something fresh siya. Kaya siguro din maganda yung nakukuha niyang response. Plus I love gay people. They make our hearts very warm and they make us laugh and you can see that on the big screen here,” she added.

Lauren admitted that since it hit the theaters, she has already watched it three times with different groups of people. “It’s nice to watch it because it’s a funny movie. I didn’t watch it only because I’m part of it, I’m supporting it pero siguro kasi I’d have to watch it again and again because all my friends want to watch it so sasama ako sa kanila. It’s nice kasi and the movie is a very funny movie naman talaga,” she told Push.com.ph.

The 17-year-old Fil-Am beauty said she was already confident about the film even from the very beginning. “I knew that it would be a great movie. Why would I do something that I didn’t believe in ‘di ba? Siyempre nervous pa rin ako nung una kasi what if it turned out na people don’t have the same reaction I have to this movie? Pero at least natatanggap siya so I’m very happy about the response na nakukuha namin, all the messages and tweets is about Zombadings that I received basically,” she admitted.

Lauren said she also enjoyed the work environment on their set even though it was her first time to work with actors Mart Escudero and Kirbie Zamora. “Okay naman kami. Nakakatawa kasi sila eh. They’re very easy to work with. It was an indie set so parang very laidback lang kami. Hindi kami nag-ru-rush lagi. So naging madali naman sila katrabaho,” she stated.

When asked if this might be the start of a career in doing independent films, Lauren said she is open to taking on even more challenging projects in the future. “I’m very open to do anything naman. I mean, something new is very good for me and if indie is my path or if it’s mainstream, either way as long as it’s acting and as long as there’s a solid story, as long as marurunong ang mga katrabaho ko at may matututunan ako in the process, doon ako pupunta,” she said.

Source: www.push.com

No comments:

Post a Comment